We (“Smartproxy”) are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting the personal data you share with us and that we collect about you.
All questions related to this Policy or your privacy can be addressed to [email protected].
Personal data processing when you log-in for our services
Upon registration to the Smartproxy dashboard, you will be asked to provide your username and email address which are necessary to create your account. We also require you to specify how do you use proxies to provide you with services that may be of interest to you and to further improve our services. Without providing the above-mentioned information, you cannot create a Smartproxy account.
Personal data processing when you send us inquiries
We can be contacted by various means:
– you can send us an email;
– you can fill in an online contact form;
– you can send us a request using our live chat platform; or
– you can contact us through social media.
In all these cases, we process your personal data for the purposes of responding to your inquiry and administering it. By contacting us you consent to your personal data processing, therefore the legal basis for your data processing in this case is a consent.
Personal data processing for marketing purposes
Smartproxy may use your personal data to contact you with marketing related offers.
You will receive information about our services if you provide your contact details in the contact form on our website. We consider that by providing your information in the online form you give us a consent to contact you for purposes mentioned in this section.
In cases where applicable law permits us to contact you without a separate consent, we will contact you under the legal basis of our legitimate interests to make you an offer of our services.
You can opt-out from any marketing related communication that we send you at any time by clicking an unsubscribe button in our emails or by contacting us at [email protected].
How long do we store your data?
Smartproxy stores your personal data up to 2 years from our last contact with you or from your last log-in. Your data may be stored for a longer period, if it is necessary to defend ourselves against claims, demands or actions and exercise our rights or if law demands it.
Smartproxy will use certain service providers (data processors) to process your personal data. Such data processors are: CRM software providers, email and email tracking service providers, online live chat service providers, business development service providers, customer support specialists, data analysis service providers, payment services firms, web hosting companies and other service providers. In all cases, your personal data is disclosed only to the extent necessary for the provision of their services. We do not share your data with any third parties that are not our service providers.
Our data processors are usually based in European Economic Area (EEA) and US. When choosing our service providers in US, we try to make sure that they are members of EU – US Privacy Shield Framework and are publicly committed to complying with mandatory EU privacy standards. In other cases where necessary, we make sure that our US-based data processors would comply with EU privacy standards by entering into agreements with standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
Your privacy-related rights
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
– to get access to your personal data and related information about processing;
– to demand to correct inaccurate data;
– to demand to erase your personal data or restricting the processing of your personal data when there is a legal basis for that;
– to demand to transfer your personal data to another data controller or provide it directly to you in a convenient format (on conditions set in the applicable law);
– in cases where your personal data is processed on a consent basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
– to object to the processing of your personal data, if the processing is based on a legitimate interest (on conditions set in the applicable law);
– to contact a relevant data protection authority of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement and file a complaint, if you believe that your data is processed unlawfully.
If you like to exercise any of the above-mentioned privacy-related rights, please contact us at [email protected].
Data processing when you visit our website
When you visit our website, we ask you for a consent to collect certain personal data with the help of cookies and other similar technologies.
– Essential cookies. Without these cookies we cannot provide many services that you need on the website. For example, essential cookies help remember your preferences as you move around the website.
– Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username or language) on the website, so the next time you visit the website you will not have to set them again.
– Analytics cookies. These cookies track information about visits to the website so that we can make improvements and report our performance. For example, analyze visitor and user behavior to provide more relevant content.
– Advertising cookies. These third-party cookies are placed by third-party advertising platforms or networks to deliver ads and track ad performance. In some cases, these cookies enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities on our website and other websites (in such cases, ad serving might be based on automated decision-making).
Please find cookies and other technologies used on our website in the table below:
|Cookie name||Purpose||Cookie Duration|
|PHPSESSID||The standard cookie is used to support the user session.||At the end of a browsing session|
|__cfduid||The cookie is set by the CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic. It does not correspond to any user id in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information.||1 year|
|__zlcmid||This cookie is managed by Zendesk, who provide the technology behind our ‘live chat’ system. The cookie allows you to continue a chat with us as you view different pages on our site, or if you come back to the site later.||1 year|
|_ga||These cookies are part of Google Analytics and allow us to measure information about how visitors use our site. This includes identifying each unique user to our site and details of each page visited.|
_ga cookie is used to identify unique users across browsing sessions.
|_gat||These cookies are part of Google Analytics and allow us to measure information about how visitors use our site. This includes identifying each unique user to our site and details of each page visited.|
_gat cookie is used to limit the number of requests that have to be made to doubleclick.net.
|_gid||These cookies are part of Google Analytics and allow us to measure information about how visitors use our site. This includes identifying each unique user to our site and details of each page visited.|
_gid cookie is used to identify unique users across browsing sessions.
|_gac_UA-71220040-1||Our site uses Google Tag Manager. This system allows us to manage tags we use on our site. This cookie works in conjunction with tag manager and is used to load web script and code into the webpages. Without it, our website may not work or display properly.||1 minute|
|Doubleclick||Re-targeting, optimization, reporting and attribution of online adverts.||2 years|
|Google Adwords Conversion||Advertising pixel for prospecting and retargeting.||540 days|
|Advertising pixel for prospecting and retargeting.||180 days|
|Quora||Conversion tracking pixel.||30 days|
|Drift||This cookie is managed by Drift, who provide the technology behind our ‘live chat’ system. This cookie allows you to continue a chat with us as you view different pages on our site, or if you come back to the site later.||1 year|
|_hjIncludedInSample||Hotjar cookie. This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.||1 year|
|AID||This cookie is used to link your activity across devices if you’ve previously signed in to your Google Account on another device. It helps to coordinate the ads you see across devices and measure conversion events.||1 year|
|_uetsid||This cookie is managed by Microsoft Bing Ads and is a tracking cookie. It allows us to engage with a user that has previously visited our website.||30 minutes|
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you want to learn more about cookies, or how to control, disable or delete them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The content of the table above is for your general information and use only. Cookies are subject to change without notice. You acknowledge that this information may contain inaccuracies or errors and is subject to change and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors fully permitted by law.